- 1 What happened to Tutti and Frutti Barber?
- 2 What happened to Miss Tutti and Miss Frutti Barber furniture last Halloween it was?
- 3 What are the nicknames for the Barber sisters?
- 4 What did Scout do that ruined Mrs Merriweather’s pageant?
- 5 Why is Scout dressed like a ham on the night of Halloween?
- 6 What does Scout think about Boo Radley at this point?
- 7 Why is Scout embarrassed after the pageant?
- 8 What happens to Scout during the pageant?
- 9 What can I call my brother?
- 10 Is Boo Radley black?
- 11 How do I call my big sister?
- 12 Why does Scout miss her cue pork?
- 13 Why can Jem see Scout in dark?
- 14 Who attacks Jem and Scout?
What happened to Tutti and Frutti Barber?
The harmless prank that involved Mrs. Tutti and Frutti Barber’s furniture being moved to their basement is the reason the ladies of Maycomb decided to have a Halloween festival. During the Halloween festival, Scout participates in a pageant where she accidentally walks onto the stage at the wrong time.
What happened to Miss Tutti and Miss Frutti Barber furniture last Halloween it was?
They were also both deaf. So, on the previous Halloween, a group of Maycomb kids sneaked into the sisters’ living room, took every piece of furniture, and hid it in the cellar.
What are the nicknames for the Barber sisters?
The Barber Sisters ( Miss Sarah, nicknamed “Tutti” and Miss Frances, nicknamed “Frutti”) are maiden sisters who live in the only house in Maycomb with a cellar.
What did Scout do that ruined Mrs Merriweather’s pageant?
How does Scout “ruin” Miss Merriweather’s pageant? Scout ruined Miss. Merewether’s pageant by falling asleep and missed her cue. Scout and Jem are the last ones to leave the party because Scout is embarrassed by her performance that night (missing her cue).
Why is Scout dressed like a ham on the night of Halloween?
It’s a good thing Scout wore this ham costume made of chicken wire and paper mache because it saved her from certain injury when she was attacked on her way home from the pageant. Scout’s ham costume is significant as a symbol of childhood innocence.
What does Scout think about Boo Radley at this point?
Scout’s opinion of Boo Radley changes from fear and curiosity to empathy and understanding. At the beginning of the story, Scout is only about six years old. Like most kids in the neighborhood, she is suspicious of the Radleys, and especially curious and frightened when it comes to Boo.
Why is Scout embarrassed after the pageant?
Scout is upset after the Halloween pageant because she messed up her performance! She was dressed as pork during the pageant, and her costume is nice and snug. Scout only has one job – to walk on the stage when Miss Merriweather calls her name, but when she’s backstage, she falls asleep.
What happens to Scout during the pageant?
While backstage, Scout falls asleep in her costume, so she misses her cue to come on stage and arrives late. The director of the pageant is very angry at Scout for her error, and she accuses her of ruining the entire play. Scout is so ashamed that she refuses to leave the pageant until almost everyone has gone.
What can I call my brother?
Cute Nicknames For Brother
- Baby Brother: If your brother is younger to you by a few years.
- Bruh: A cool name for a super cool brother.
- Chipmunk: For a brother who has chubby cheeks that you like to pull.
- Duckling: In case your brother always follows you around.
- Champ: Suitable for a sporty brother.
- Zippy: If he is energetic.
Is Boo Radley black?
Boo Radley is white, and there are several context clues that tell us his race. First of all, the Radleys lived just down the street from Atticus, Jem, and Scout. During this time of the 1930’s, a black family would not be living in the same neighborhood as whites.
How do I call my big sister?
Cute Nicknames for Your Sister
- Adorable. You can pick this name for your cute little, kind-hearted sister.
- Amazon. It’s a name that your sister would love!
- Angel Eyes. ‘Angel eyes’ is the perfect name for your sister if you think she has the most beautiful eyes.
- Angel Face.
- Apple Pie.
- Baby Bear.
- Baby Cake.
Why does Scout miss her cue pork?
Scout is so embarrassed that she waits until everyone is out of the building before emerging from the wings to walk home with Jem. Keeping the ham costume on helps Scout conceal her shame until she can get home and forget about missing her cue.
Why can Jem see Scout in dark?
Why can Jem see Scout in the dark? Jem can see Scout because the fat streaks in the costume are painted with shiny paint. What is the weather like on Halloween night? The weather is warm and the sky cloudy and dark.
Who attacks Jem and Scout?
Jem is put to bed with a broken arm and their attacker is revealed when Bob Ewell is found dead by the sheriff Heck Tate, a knife through his ribs. Scout is amazed to discover that the man who rescued her and carried Jem back to the house is Boo Radley. Atticus tells her that Boo’s real name is Arthur.